Google

conservatives unite

Discourses from a conservative Christian viewpoint in regards to politics, the church, world views and controversies; along with the application of the wisdom of G-d's holy word. There IS hope for a sinful and hurting world.... I believe in freedom of speech; however, please temper your language.Freedom of speech does NOT give us the right to be hateful,disrespectful or bigoted. Comments that contain cursing will be deleted! {My comments will often be enclosed when commenting on an article.}

Name:
Location: United States

Favorite composer: Debussy; Favorite artist: Monet; Favorite old author: Charles Dickens

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Pet Peeve: DVD Technology

C~B~N did belong to one of those DVD clubs where for a
monthly fee they'd mail you DVD's. I quit it. Not because
they didn't have good choices. They did! I really enjoy
movies and this was the cheapest way to view them for me.

No, I quit because the DVD technology is just too fragile
for mailing them.

Heck, they are too fragile to play as they scratch sooooo
easily. What is up with that freezing frame that goes on.
I know you know what I mean: the actors look like they are
doing the jerky robot; or it completely freezes up and
won't move at all.

I have found that I LIKE VHS! It is JUST BETTER all
around. They are harder to break but can be fixed if
they do! They have better viewing quality; they don't
"freeze" up and refuse to play anymore; they can't be
scratched or cracked during mailing like DVDs.

But the "industry" is going to go with DVD. It is
"modern". But for my money, it is crappy technology.

Remember a few years ago "they" said CDs and DVDs
for movies or the computer were INDESTRUCTIBLE.
That they would last a hundred years.

WRONG. You will be lucky if they last 5.

If I'm going to build a library of movies; I already own
over 200 VHS tapes; then I want the technology to LAST.
Otherwise, I'm just wasting my money.

And that is too hard to come by!

Just for fun one day, when you get one of those free
advertising dvds in the mail; take a pair of scissors
to them and see how EASY it is to cut one up!!!!

Top of Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home